10.18.2009

My Top 5 70's Rock One-Hit Wonders

The following are songs from bands that became famous from a SINGLE SONG!





1. Stuck In the Middle With You by Stealers Wheel


Everybody who hasn't been hiding under a rock for their entire life has heard this song multiple times.



2. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo by Rick Derringer


I bet you didn't know Rick Derringer got his start with the McCoys (Hang on Sloopy)! I wouldn't have thought so either. Hang on Sloopy actually does have a pretty nice guitar solo.



3. Magic by Pilot


A surprising amount of people my age know this song solely because of the "Happy Gilmore" soundtrack. An awesome song, though.



4. Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenmaum


Another one of those songs that the entire population knows but has no idea who sings it.



5. Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon


One of my favorite songs of all time! Amazingly hilarious lyrics; this one makes me laugh everytime I hear it.



Honorable mentions:


Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass

Hocus Pocus by Focus

Smokin' in the Boys Room by Brownsville Station

Ride Captain Ride by Blues Image

Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest

Convoy by C.W. McCall

Black Betty by Ram Jam

Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment